Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Natural Sue Brazilian Keratin Treatment is the solution for chemically treated, fuzzy, rebel, and curly & wavy hair. It is from Frizz to Silk.
1. What is Natural Sue Brazilian Keratin Treatment (BKT)?
Brazilian Keratin Treatment (BKT) is a hair smoothing treatment similar to the old French Brushing, the Japanese Hair Straightening, the Permanent Hair Brushing and the Progressive Blow-Dry. These are all hair straightening methods. After the application of the BKT, the hair can be washed in 60 minutes. This is an advance when compared to the traditional Progressive Blow-Dry, which requires waiting for 3 days before washing the hair.
2. Can the Natural Sue BKT be applied to hair with straightening by sodium hydroxide and ammonia tioglicolate as well as painted hair?
It can be used in any type of hair: colored, uncolored, light-colored, smoothed with guanidine, straightened, with permanent brushing, with Japanese Hair Straightening, among others. It is compatible with any kinds of hair chemicals. It is necessary to wait for a 10 day-period between applications (Straightening x Brazilian Keratin x Hair paint).
3. After the first application, when should I use the Natural Sue BKT again?
Depending on the type of hair, it can be done monthly. If required, you can apply it again in 15 days. Any further applications must respect a 30-day interval between them.
4. For how long does the Natural Sue BKT straight effect last?
The treatment lasts on average for 90 days and the straight effect duration depends on both the number of washes and the products used for maintenance. We highly recommend using the Natural Sue Brazilian Keratin Post-Treatment Kit.
5. My hair is very wavy. Will the Natural Sue BKT have good results?
In the first application you can already see a strong straightness, softness, and hydration effect, as well as a significant reduction in the hair volume. The straightness degree depends not only on the texture and type of hair but also on the number of applications. One or two applications are enough to have a satisfactory result: shiny, silk-like and well-treated hair. For very wavy hair it is necessary to straight before in order to have a 100% straight effect.
6. Does the Natural Sue BKT cause sore eyes?
Even soap may cause eye irritation. So, if you apply it in closed and bad ventilated environments it can cause sore eyes. Therefore, the application should be done in a well-ventilated place or otherwise by using an air circulator so as to eliminate any chafing hazards.
7. What else is necessary to apply the Natural Sue BKT?
You need a hairbrush, a 1400W hair dryer, a pair of rubber gloves, a hair-straightening appliance and an air circulator.
8. After applying the Natural Sue BKT should I have my hair treated with any other product?
Yes. It is necessary to use the Natural Sue Brazilian Keratin Post-Treatment Kit to keep the hair straight and hydration effect longer.
9. I applied the BKT from another brand/another active principle. May I use Natural Sue BKT?
Yes. There is no counter-indication. The BKT by Natural Sue is compatible with all kinds of hair chemicals.
10. How long does the Natural Sue BKT straight effect last?
As long as you apply it properly and use the correct maintenance products, it can last for about 3 months.
11. Are there any counter-indications on the Natural Sue BKT? Can I use it in any type of hair?
There are no counter-indications on the product. You can use it in any type of hair: colored, uncolored, light-colored, smoothed with guanidine, straightened, among others. However, pregnant women, lactating women and children under 14 should not use it.
12. May I apply the Natural Sue BKT on the same day I have painted or straightened my hair?
No. You should keep a 10 day-interval between applications.
13. How many applications will I be able to do with any of the Natural Sue BKT?
4oz yield 1 or 2 applications, 8oz yield 2 to 3 applications, 16oz yield 5 to 6 applications, and 32 oz yield 10 to 12 applications.
14. My hair is light-colored. Can I use Natural Sue BKT even so?
Yes. It is compatible with any kind of hair chemicals.